Everyone has a story to tell: memoir writing workshops for people of diverse cultural backgrounds
Everyone has a story to tell: Join us for online memoir writing workshops for people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Do you have a migration story to share? Feeling a little bit stumped when it comes to working out where to start? People of diverse cultural backgrounds are invited to join in a series of memoir writing workshops. Presented by Elsa Licumba, Newcastle based author of 'Freedom to Belong'.
In this workshop series you will:
- gain inspiration,
- learn writing skills,
- discover how to self-publishing,
- meet other writers.
About the facilitator - Elsa Licumba is the founder of Cultural Transition Consultancy which aims to train businesses and migrants on how to navigate cultural transition in a new host country.
How the course works:
- Watch the weekly videos available here each Tuesday starting 26 May.
- Use the writing prompt in each video to kick start your writing in your own time.
- Join the weekly online Zoom meetups - Tuesdays 2, 9, 16, and 23 June, 5.30pm – 6.30pm.
- Please be prepared to attend all Zoom meetups.
Registered participants will be emailed a Zoom Login and password. These details will be valid for all of the Zoom meetups.
- 02 June 2020 to 02 July 2020