Author Talk: Wallsend Proud by Cath Chegwidden
Listen to local author of Wallsend Proud, Cath Chegwidden
Wallsend is a valued and unique part of Newcastle, rich in history and character.
That’s why City of Newcastle, in collaboration with the community, is undertaking a program to guide the creation of new and improved public places. With everyone’s ideas we can make great places.
Placemaking projects for Wallsend town centre could include the following and we want to hear your ideas:
• Ways to remember and celebrate the history of the area, its stories and people, through wall and floor murals, sculpture, signage or smart technology such as audio and projections
• Gathering places to sit, talk, have BBQs or listen to music
• Places to charge devices, and use/ share technology and social media
• Places to play games, rest or enjoy nature
• Pop up libraries for sharing books.
Ages: All ages
Important booking information: All efforts are being taken to make our library programs safe and inclusive. To help make our programs safer we require all participants to book in advance online. Unfortunately, we won’t have space for drop ins. If you are unwell, or someone in your household is unwell, please stay home. If you cannot make it to a program please cancel your ticket, so someone else can join in the fun.
Find out more about the associated community engagement webpage here: https://newcastle.mysocialpinpoint.com/wallsend-placemaking#/
- 30 Bunn Street
- 30 November 2020